Get to know the University Library; in October, it will offer advice not only to newcomers
How does the lending system work? What do the study rooms look like and what are the opening hours? The Library answers these and other questions every Monday and Wednesday.
The Library will make it easier for newcomers to start their studies at the University of West Bohemia by organizing tours during which the Library will present its services. Anyone else who is interested in what the library offers is also invited.
Tours around the University Library are planned for the whole of October, on Mondays and Wednesdays, from 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. In addition to the main Bory Library, they also include the Pedagogical Library on Klatovská Street, the Philosophical and Legal Library in Sady Pětatřicátníků, the Health Care Studies Library in Sedláčkova Street and the Economics Library in Cheb.
What is the library up to?
- shows how rental services work
- gives advice on how to navigate the free selection and how to order a book from stock
- draws attention to the possibility of inter-library loan services and describes how they work
- presents electronic information resources and recommends how to use them in the best possible way
- informs students about the library's reprographic services (copying, printing, scanning)
- shows individual/team study rooms in some libraries
- mentions the possibility of borrowing e-book readers and, in some libraries, also laptops or tablets
- gives advise on how to easily return books using biblioboxes even after the library closes
- gives information about the opening hours of libraries
- presents an online catalogue, the Library website and Facebook.
For more information, follow facebook and the Librarywebsite.
| Jakub Pokorný
27. 09. 2022